Gout - Bibliography
1. Lee et al. Acupuncture for gouty arthritis: a concise report of a systematic and meta-analysis approach. Rheumatology. Jul 2013.
2. Zhou et al. Comparative observation of the efficacy on acute gouty arthritis between acupuncture combined with infra red irradiation and western medicine. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. Sep 2011.
3. Lin et al. Clinical application of acupuncture and moxibustion to the treatment of gouty arthritis and analysis on their therapeutic effects. Zhen Ci Yan Jiu Feb 2009. 4. Liu et al. Observation on therapeutic effect of electroacupuncture combined with local blocking therapy on acute gouty arthritis. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. Sept 2008.
5. Cara et al. Treatment of Acute Gout. American Journal of Homeopathic Medicine Homeopathic
6. Yoshizumi et al. Xanthine oxidase inhibitory activity and hypouricemia effect of propolis in rats. Mar 2005.
7. Adithya K. A comparative clinical Study to evaluate the efficacy of Siravyadha and Guduchi Siddha Yoga Basti in Vatrakta WSR to Gout. Issue date: 2012
8. Bosch et al. Functional and physiological effects of yoga in women with rheumatoid arthritis: a pilot study. altern Ther Health Med July 2009.
9. dos Santos et al. Nursing interventions for the care of patients with arthritis: an integrative review. Rev Bras Enferm. Dec 2012.
10. McCaffrey et al. Effect of music on chronic osteoarthritis pain in older people. J Adv Nurs. Dec 2003.
11. Haidari et al. Inhibitory Effects of Tart Cherry (Prunus cerasus) Juice on Xanthine Oxidoreductase Activity and its Hypouricemic and Antioxidant Effects on Rats. Malays J Nutr. Mar 2009.
12. Zhang et al. Cherry consumption and decreased risk of recurrent gout attacks. Arthritis Rheum. Dec 2012.
13. Haidari et al. Effects of onion on serum uric acid levels and hepatic xanthine dehydrogenase/xanthine oxidase activities in hyperuricemic rats. Pak J Biol Sci. Jul 2008.
14. Haidari et al. Orange juice and hesperetin supplementation to hyperuricemic rats alter oxidative stress markers and xanthine oxidoreductase activity. J clin Biochem Nutr. Nov 2009.
15. Haidari et al. Effects of Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) and its Flavonol Constituents, Kaempferol and Quercetin, on Serum Uric Acid Levels, Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress and Liver Xanthine Oxidoreductase Aactivity inOxonate-Induced Hyperuricemic Rats. Iran J Pharm Res. 2011.
16. Juraschek et al. Effect of oral vitamin C supplementation on serum uric acid: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Arthritis Care Res. Sept 2011.
17. Stamp et al. Clinically insignificant effect of supplemental vitamin C on serum urate in patients with gout: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum. June 2013.
18. Hsu et al. Therapeutic effects of sesame oil on monosodium urate crystal-induced acute inflammatory response in rats. Springerplus. Dec 2013.
19. Ahmad et al. Pharmacological basis for use of Pistacia integerrima leaves in hyperuricemia and gout. J Ethnopharmacol. May 2011.
20. Chen et al. Anti-hyperuricemic and nephroprotective effects of Smilax china L. J Ethnopharmacol. May 2011.
21. de Oliveira et al. Dietary, anthropometric, and biochemical determinants of uric acid in free-living adults. Nutr J. Jan 2013.
22. Krishnan et al. Low-level lead exposure and the prevalence of gout: an observational study. Ann Intern Med. Aug 2012.
23. Villegas et al. Purine-rich foods, protein intake, and the prevalence of hyperuricemia: the Shanghai Men's Health Study. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis May 2012.
24. Bruderer et al. Use of diuretics and risk of incident gout: Population-based case-control study. Arthritis Rheum. Oct 2013.
25. Hunter et al. Recent diuretic use and the risk of recurrent gout attacks: the online case-crossover gout study. J Rheumatol. Jul 2006.
26. Neogi et al. Alcohol quantity and type on risk of recurrent gout attacks: An internet-based case-crossover study. Am J Med. Jan 2014.
27. Torralba et al. The interplay between diet, urate transporters and the risk for gout and hyperuricemia: current and future directions. Int J Rheum Dis. Dec 2012.
28. Kedar et al. A perspective on diet and gout. Adv Chronic Kidney Dis Nov 2012.
29. Kontogianni et al. Adherence to the Mediterranean diet and serum uric acid: the ATTICA study. Scand J Rheumatol. Jul 2012. The Gout - Bibliography page will be updated regularly as new evidence is published in the medical journals.