1. Weeks BS. Formulations of dietary supplements and herbal extracts for relaxation and anxiolytic action: Relarian. J Med Sci Monit 2009.
2. Kennedy DO et al. Anxiolytic effects of a combination of Mellisa officinalis and Valeriana officinalis during laboratory induced stress. Phytotherapy Res Feb 2006.
3. Hamer M et al. The role of functional foods in the psychobiology of health and disease. Nutr Res Rev Jun 2005.
4. Dimpfel et al. Effects of lozenge containing lavender oil extracts from hops, lemon balm and oat on electrical brain activity of volunteers. Eur J Med Res. 2004.
5. Sarris J et al. Kava in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: a double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled study. J Clin Psychopharmacol Oct 2013.
6. Sarris J et al. Complementary medicine, exercise, meditation, diet and lifestyle modification for anxiety disorders: a review of current evidence. Evid based Complement Alternat Med Aug 2012.
7. Sarris J et al. The Kava Anxiety Depression Spectrum Study (KADSS): a randomized, placebo-controlled crossover trial using an aqueous extract of Piper methysticum. Psychopharmacology Aug 2009.
8. Rowe et al. Toxicokinetics of kava. Adv Pharmacol Sci Mar 2011.
9. Sarris J et al. Plant based medicines for anxiety disorders, part 2: a review of clinical studies with supporting preclinical evidence. CNS drugs Apr 2013.
10. Chandrasekhar K et al. A prospective, randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high concentration full spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian journal of Psychol Med Jul 2012
11. Choi HS et al. Anxiolytic effects of herbal ethanol extract from Gynostemma pentaphyllum in mice after exposure to chronic stress. Molecules Apr 2013.
12. Oliva J Seguar M. Emotional support and Bach Flower Therapy. Rev Enferm Oct 2009.
13. Puetz TW et al. Effects of creative arts therapies on psychological symptoms and quality of life in patients with cancer. AMA Intern Med. June 2013.
14. Mouradian LE et al. Art-based occupation group reduces parent anxiety in the neonatal intensive care unit: a mixed-methods study. Am J Occup Ther Nove 2013.
15. Zengin S et al. Effects of music therapy on pain and anxiety in patients undergoing port catheter placement procedure. Complement Ther Med Dec 2013.
16. Jimenez-Jimenez M et al. Intraoperative stress and anxiety reduction with music therapy: a controlled randomized clinical trial of efficacy and safety. J. Vasc Nurs. Sept 2013.
17. Kennedy DO et al. Anxiolytic effects of a combination of Melissa officinalis and Valeriana officinalis during laboratory induced stress. Phytother Res Feb 2006.
18. Weeks BS et al. Formulations of dietary supplements and herbal extracts for relaxation and anxiolytic action: Relarian. Med Sci Monit Nov 2009.
19. Hamer M et al. The role of functional foods in the psychobiology of health and disease. Nutr Res Rev Jun 2005.
20. Dimpfel W et al. Effects of lozenge containing lavender oil, extracts from hops, lemon balm and oat on electrical brain activity of volunteers. Eur J Med Res. Sept 2004.
21. Choi HS et al. Anxiolytic effects of herbal ethanol extract from Gynostemma pentaphyllum in mice after exposure to chronic stress. Molecules Apr 2013
22. Lee B. Wild ginseng attenuates anxiety – and depression-like behaviours during morphine withdrawal. Microbiol Biotech Oct 2011.
23. Stough C et al. The effect of 90 day administrationof a high dose of vitamin B-complex on work stress. Hum Psychopharmacol Oct 2011.
24. Pipingas et al. The effects of multivitamin supplementationon mood and general well-being in healthy young adults. A laboratory and at home mobile phone assessment. Appetite Oct 2013.
25. Can OD et al. Effects of hawthorn seed and pulp extracts on the central nervous system. Pharm Biol 2010.
26. Chatterjee M et al. comparative evaluation of Bacopa monniera and Panax quniquefolium in experimental anxiety and depressive models in mice. Indian J Exp Biol Mar 2010.
27. Lopez-Peig c et al. analysis of benzodiazepine withdrawal program managed by primary care nurses in Spain. BMC Res Notes Dec 2012.
28. Pakseresht S et al. Extract of valerian root (Valeriana officinalis L.) vs placebo in treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder: a randomized double-blind study.J Complement Integr Med Oct 2011.
29. Gautam M et al. Role of antioxidants in generalized anxiety disorder and depression. Indian J Psychiary. Jul 2012.
30. Franco L et al. The sedative effect of non-alcoholic beer in healthy female nurses. PLoS One Jul 2012.
31. Amsterdam JD et al. Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) may provide antidepressant activity in anxious, depressed humans: an exploratory study. Altern Ther Health Med Oct 2012.
32. Talbott SM et al. Effect of Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense (Relora) on cortisol and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr Aug 2013.
33. Aslanargun P et al. Passiflora incarnate Linneaus as an anxiolytic before spinal anesthesia. J Anesth. Feb 2012.
34. Brock C et al. American Skullcap (scutellaria lateriflora): A randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Crossover Study of its Effects on Mood in Healthy Volunteers. Phytother Res. Jul 2013.