Shingles - Bibliography
1. Tian et al. Impacts of bleeding and cupping therapy on serum P substance in patients of post herpetic neuralgia. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. Aug 2013.
2. Wu et al. Clinical observation of post-herpetic neuralgia treated with TCM herbal cupping therapy. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. Feb 2013.
3. Wang et al. Analysis on therapeutic effect of variable-frequency electroacupuncture combined with herbal-moxa moxibustion for post-zoster neuralgia. Zhen Ci Yan Jiu. Feb 2012.
4. Hui et al. A randomized controlled trial of a multifaceted integrated complementary-alternative therapy for chronic herpes zoster-related pain. Altern Med Rev. Mar 2012.
5. Lee et al. Bee Venom Treatment for Refractory Postherpetic Neuralgia: A Case Report. J Altern Complement Med. Oct 2013.
6. Kanazi et al. Treatment of postherpetic neuralgia: an update. Drugs May 2000.
7. Turk et al. Pain and behavioral medicine: a cognitive-behavioral perspective. New York (NY); Guilford, 1983
8. Gatchel et al. Psychological approaches to pain management: a practitioner’s handbook. New York (NY); Guilford 1996
9. Knapp DJ. Postherpetic neuralgia: case study of class 4 laser therapy intervention. Clin J Pain. Oct 2013
10. Irwin et al. Shingles Immunity and Health Functioning in the Elderly: Tai Chi Chih as a Behavioral Treatment. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. Dec 2004.
11. Krout RE. The effects of single-session music therapy interventions on the observed and self-reported levels of pain control, physical comfort, and relaxation of hospice patients. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. Dec 2001.
12. Lim et al. Music as nursing intervention for pain in five Asian countries. Int Nurs Rev. Sep 2006.
13. Guétin et al. Clin J Pain. The effects of music intervention in the management of chronic pain: a single-blind, randomized, controlled trial. May 2012.
14. Hamre et al. Anthroposophic therapy for migraine: a two year prospective cohort study in routine outpatient settings. Open Neurol J. Sep 2010.
15. Desser et al. Oral therapy with proteolytic enzymes decreases excessive TGF-beta levels in human blood. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. July 2001.
16. Schencking et al. Intravenous vitamin C in the treatment of shingles: results of a multicenter prospective cohort study. Med Sci Monit. April 2012.
17. De Luca et al. Nutrition. Coenzyme Q(10), vitamin E, selenium, and methionine in the treatment of chronic recurrent viral mucocutaneous infections. May 2012.
18. Xû G et al. Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation in Combination with Cobalamin Injection for Postherpetic Neuralgia: A Single-Center Randomized Controlled Trial. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. Nov 2013.
19. Cooper et al. GFS, a preparation of Tasmanian Undaria pinnatifida is associated with healing and inhibition of reactivation of Herpes. BMC Complement Altern Med. Nov 2002.
20. Peppin et al. Capsaicinoids in the treatment of neuropathic pain: a review. Ther Adv Neurol Disord. Jan 2014.
21. Maihofner et al. Prospective, non-interventional study on the tolerability and analgesic effectiveness over 12 weeks after a single application of capsaicin 8% cutaneous patch in 1044 patients with peripheral neuropathic pain: first results of the QUEPP study. Curr Med Res Opin. June 2013.
22. Thomas et al. Micronutrient intake and the risk of herpes zoster: a case-control study. Int J Epidemiol. Dec 2006.
23. Sato-Takeda et al. The human histocompatability leukocyte antigen (HLA) haplotype is associated with the onset of postherpetic neuralgia after herpes zoster. Pain 2004.